Monday, December 1, 2008

Out of commission / Thanksgiving

After our fun filled week of being in Utah I brought home a little treat with me. A few family members chipped in and gave me a cold. It never fails, you travel and come home with a sickness of some sort. This one is brutal; I really can't take any medications because I'm pregnant. So because of this sickness I have not blogged as soon as I would have liked to. So without further adieu here is our Thanksgiving trip.

During the week of Thanksgiving I recognized many blessings in my life. I love this holiday season because it helps me to remember what is most important in life. In my life I have been blessed more than I feel I deserve. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to travel back home to Utah for Thanksgiving. I was able to spend time with many family and friends. I as well as Parker learned a lot of new things. I geared myself up and asked my grandma for a short sewing lesson, the reason for this will come later. I helped my sister to decorate an apple pie. This was great fun. My mom loved it because this is the sister that I hated sharing a room with. Parker learned how to bowl, 'pound it', and he learned a couple of new words. Willie joined us midweek and we loved having him back in our sights. He didn't get the opportunity to golf this time even though the weather was great on Thanksgiving.



We had so many photos from the week that we combined them into events and then posted them as slide shows. We hope that you enjoy our week in Utah.




Parker was taught by his uncle Jer how to 'pound it.' This is Parker 'pounding it'.

I taught Parker 'Popcorn Popping' just before the trip. I have to say, this video doesn't do his involvment justice anymore. He loves this song. I need to teach him one for the holidays now.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick!! Traveling is rough, but I'm glad you had such a great time. I think those sewing skills are going to come in handy on those stockings... :) Let me know if you need to borrow any of my supplies.

Jeana said...

First off, congratulations on being pregnant, that's awesome. I'm trying to prepare myself to try for #2 :) I also wanted to say sorry for your loss. I found out your grandpa passed away :( He was such a sweet man. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.