Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINCOLN!!
Our little guy is a year old! Lincoln is such a sport. He is observant of the world around him. He enjoys the outdoors and seeing new things. Lincoln has grown so much and he gets increasingly more lovable everyday. Parker wakes up some mornings and tells Lincoln, "I love you Lincoln." Lincoln woke up this morning with a runny nose. We decided that we would try to stay indoors to help Lincoln. First on our agenda was to build a hut. We pulled the pink couch over by the window and used the drapes to make a tent. Then we added blankets on the ground so we could read a few books. Next on our list of things to do was to take Lincoln's one year photos. We must always have a picture of Lincoln next to Freddie the frog to show how much Lincoln has grown. I would have done a progression thing, but I don't have all of our pictures with us.We didn't last long. I decided to let Lincoln have some fun on the ramp just out by our home. He loves to go up and down any ramp that he can find. We went outside just in time for the sun to set. We also picked up a few birthday pastries. I would have liked making a cake, but some things are hard to do when you aren't very well stocked in your cupboards. When daddy came home we put in some frozen pizza's for dinner. I don't know if we will be having them again as Willie was the only one who appreciated the Portugese flavor. I'm sorry it brought back memories of something I didn't want to taste. Maybe next time we will get a pizza from the delivery guy. We played with some balloons. We put them in a basket and then dumped them on the kids. Parker really wanted to dump the balloons on himself, so we consented. Lincoln just loved grabbing the balloons. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Lincoln, Happy Birthday to YOU! Lincoln had some help from Parker and his daddy in blowing the candle out. Once we finished singing to Lincoln, Parker broke out in chorus again but sang to himself. "It's Parker's birthday." This morning Parker said that he wanted to open a present for his birthday, sorry buddy it's not your birthday. Lincoln did get to open a little bit of each present he got, but Parker was a big help. Parker even let Lincoln play with his own gifts for about 30 seconds. Lincoln didn't really smash his 'cake', in fact we broke off pieces and then he ate it. Maybe we can reenact this scene another time. We all enjoyed our pastries. We each had a bite of all of them. Yum.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Happy Birthday to Lincoln! I was thinking of him yesterdaybecause it was my Dad's birthday too and I remembered that I was driving you rmom to the hospital one year ago to see baby Lincoln! My how time flies! He is a cutie!

Also, I love all the adventures you are having there! You will look back with such fond memories.

Lindy Salmon said...

WOW. Not many of us get to celebrate our anniversary or birthday in Portugal! Keep the pics of Porto coming :)

Joan said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! I hope you had a wonderful birthday day! From the pictures and descriptions from your mom, it sounds like it was a great day for everyone! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you! I love you!!!! Give Parker and your mom and dad a big hug and a kiss from me! Love,
Grandma