Friday, April 30, 2010

The Run Down

Here is the run down of the last month and a half. Hopefully this will be an outline to future posts.
-Willie sprains his ankle four days before we move back to the States. (still injured)
-Parker and I have a date. Travel to the river to find some souvenirs and arrive home after General Conference starts.
-We plan to feed the five missionaries before we leave. Easter Sunday and the power goes out one hour before they arrive.
-A blessing of two taxis to get us to the airport. The Porto airport, nice and relaxing.
-A 13 hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany. Willie's ankle looking pretty swollen and turning black and purple in new places.
-A nice 10 hour flight to get us home to Atlanta (Avatar covered three of those hours). Two hours to get out of the Atlanta airport.
-Staying at the Foye home. Taking care of their puppy, Reese. Oh how we love the Foye's.
-Finding an apartment with a bum ankle.
-We found the apartment, now when do we move in?
-A nice American dinner provided by our ex-Canadian friend. The burgers were divine. The company was fantastic.
-The move in took place on a Tuesday night where we had loads of help from our faithful friends and church members. I guess it helps having been in two wards while in Atlanta.
-Willie finally gets his ankle x-rayed. Just a sprain but not taken care of too well. Too bad we had to travel. Crutches for my beloved.
-Unpacking, unpacking and unpacking.
-Toys, toys, toys. I didn't know we had so many flippin' toys.
-Parks, YES we have parks and a playground!! We can actually go outside. Let's just get unpacked.
-So now we get to settle down. We can relax. We can watch a movie. I can go to a yoga class. We have friends that we can always call.
-In Portugal we only called family on the weekends and for maybe a half an hour or an hour. I think that I have already talked to family and friends for the same amount of time I talked to them the whole time we were in Porto.
-Well all of this has been happening with a wee little one on the way. We are expecting baby number three and we are very happy to add more joy and excitement to our lives. At this date I am fourteenish weeks along. Of course this will get posted after our family finds out.

7 comments:

Taneill said...

Congrats on baby number three!

Melanie said...

Welcome home!! Congrats on the baby! I am just a couple of weeks behind you, as I am expecting my number three in early November!

Cidne said...

Congrats!! We are so happy for you and your family!

Deidre said...

So excited for you. Sounds like a huge trip. I had no idea about Willie's ankle and some of the other things. It was so nice to chat when you called a few weeks ago.

Ashley said...

I am so glad that you are back home in the states! Congrats on baby number 3!!! That is such exciting news!

Claudemir and Corbi Lima said...

yeah you guys are back in the US!! congrats on the baby thats coming Krista!! hey i need your guys' new address!!

Unknown said...

Wow familia! WHAT AN ADVENTURE!! I really LOVE the quote you have on your header. It's SO perfect and SO true. Thirteen hour layover--geez! Toys..and what you do to ship and unpack them. I bet it's SO nice to back in the States and enjoy all the familiar comforts. Looks like a nice, big apartment! Go have fun at the grocery store--buying all that's American--PB, Campbell's soups (or the generic brand), fruit snacks, animal crackers....
Happy settling in. I'm so glad you wrote your story--you'll never regret it.
How fun your expecting!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Hugs,
Alisa