Sunday, June 27, 2010

A precious life.

One glorious Saturday we gathered together to support our United States soccer team. To tell you the truth, I don't remember who they were playing this time. I'm pretty sure we won though, or at least that's what I hope. The Salmon's and Ayer's were the other participating families. We enjoyed some good food, and lot's of play time. Here is Parker with his adopted parents; John and Lindy.
I was very impressed with James and his ability to keep all the kids occupied at the same time. All the kids really loved hanging out with James. Jonah, Anya, Austria, Joshua and Parker. Lincoln still hasn't really warmed up to too many people so he did not join in.
Jen and Austria.
After the game we enjoyed a late evening (for the kids) of swimming in the pool.
Lincoln and Austria had fun running around the hand rail.
Lincoln spending quality time with daddy.
Anya, I don't think she will sink. She and Parker both wear the floaties on their arms and the ring around them.
Austria and Lindy.
Joshua.
Jonah. He is fantastic at swimming. All the younger kids just love him.
What else are the dads going to do?

Now the reason for the title on this blog post. The adults were enjoying some dinner and keeping an eye on the kids. The conversation must have become more intense because no one really noticed what Lincoln was up to. Willie turned in time to see Lincoln slip over the edge of the pool and into the water. He dumped his plate of food. At the exact same moment John also was taking off for the pool. Both men splashed in the water at the same time, Willie pulled Lincoln up out of the water. At the time I did not realize the severity of what could have happened had none of us noticed. Did the Holy Ghost whisper to Willie and John, perhaps not but maybe. Willie was shaken up a little. Lincoln didn't realize what had happened. We are grateful that we are still blessed to take care of Lincoln. We are grateful that we get to enjoy his wonderful spirit still. Ever more do I want to relearn CPR and other life-saving techniques. Thank you for letting us keep Lincoln with us.

1 comment:

Camille said...

cOh my goodness, Krista. That is my greatest fear. I am so glad he is safe. And yes, I'm sure it was the Holy Ghost. :) Tender mercies. My heart is pounding just thinking about it. Wish we could have joined your party! :)