When we arrived at the hotel I was going through our things and realized that we had left our temple clothing (no rentals at this temple), and my temple recommend (in my temple bag). We had become so worried about other things that we forgot the MAIN thing. We thought that maybe we could see if there was some way we could borrow some clothes and maybe do a phone interview or something to make it all work out, but we couldn't call because they didn't open their doors until 5 pm. Small temple means that you have limited operating hours. Willie left us around 3:30 to head back to Atlanta for our things. He drove six hours total and ate lots of pretzels to keep him awake, as well as listened to sports radio. I took the boys swimming. Kind of scary doing it all by myself. I bought a pizza, which I had troubles in doing. The weather turned dark when we were getting out of the pool and luckily we were inside when the thunder started, Parker doesn't like thunder. The pizza guy came early and the ATM at the hotel was out of money. In the end it all worked out and the boys got a bath and were in bed by 7:45.
The temple was really nice. I always enjoy going to the temple, it's a nice recharge to my life.
4 comments:
You'll be blessed for the sacrifice! I love the Birmingham temple, as I got to go to the ground breaking and the dedication when Pres. Hinckley came. It was an awesome experience. But I also know the Atlanta temple! That's where we went before Birmingham was built!
It seems like it's always the craziest when you try to go to the temple--so you guys are awesome. You made it and it all worked out in the end--even though sometimes you think it's never going to work out.
You're right about the signs--it's funny when you drive across/through states and you realize where those names actually came from. :) Beautiful temple.
You have SUCH a positive outlook. I don't know if I would have felt so happy about the 6 hour drive and all the other little things that went wrong! I'm glad you got to go inside. You are both a wonderful example.
You guys are so brave and dedicated! Way to go! I can't believe Willie had to go back for your temple clothes and recommend. I would totally do something like that--forget the clothes, I mean. We probably would have just gone home though. :) But you got some super cute pictures of your boys! Also, those hide-and-seek videos are so cute!!
Post a Comment