Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Does Money Really Grow on Trees?

I have found myself wishing today that I had a money tree. A real life tree growing fifty and one hundred dollar bills. I would really take care of that tree the best I could. In fact Willie and I try to take care of our finances the best we know how. We are re-learning how to budget and cut back in areas that we don't need to spend as much. With baby #3 on his way we feel like we need to spend our money on some necessary things. Ever since we were married (5 years) I have really wanted to get our home into a look that matches. Wood color matching, couches matching, etc. In the last few months we have made two really big purchases. The first we found on Craigslist. Along with my outstanding deal for our kitchen table I have found a new living room set. I will not disclose the price, you may guess. We purchased a love seat, couch, 'hot chocolate' (coffee) table, end table and a rug with matching pillows. I love it. For the first time in three years we have been able to lay full length on a couch!! I consider this my birthday present. Another good thing about it is that they are used so when the boys first colored on the table with their crayons I wasn't too terribly mad. The only thing I have right now for a look at the couches is a video.

Our second big purchase was a new ride. Maybe not in the size we could have dealt with but we thought long and hard about it and decided what was necessary (something bigger). We enjoy the Honda brand. We knew that the trusty old civic just wouldn't hold three car seats. Parker will need a booster seat down the road but even then three won't fit. We wanted an upgrade, especially before the due date. We are excited to welcome into the family our new Honda Odyssey complete with CD player! Yes we think the two biggest perks to this new ride is the CD player and mega air conditioning. We have gone on a long time without even a tape deck in our civic and now we get a CD player. Poor Lincoln always looks like he just got out of the pool when he gets out of the car. He sweats so much and the air never gets to him, now the air will blow strong, hard and cool on his little body. In the end I guess we wanted to be like my two sisters and my aunt and everyone in Georgia.
The third big purchase is still in the works. We would like to upgrade Parker into a new bed and give Lincoln the crib and the baby will get the pack n play. Kind of sad that we don't use the crib for the baby but that's what we live with. This one we are searching for on craigslist, I always love to find a good deal. If the baby comes before the bed then no worries, we have two pack n plays and Lincoln will probably be a little tight in his by then but he's a good kid and doesn't complain.

2 comments:

Alisa and Crowells said...

I hear ya. Love the couch--great choice on the new ride, and all the best in searching for the bed. :)

Allen and Co. said...

If you ever find a money tree, can we get a cutting! I love all the fun new things!!!