In the past year I have missed the first few speakers from the Saturday morning session of General Conference due to shopping. I made the effort to be home to hear from those speakers this time. We were sad to miss the words of President Monson because of technical errors. I enjoyed hearing from Elder Holland (he is becoming a favorite of mine). He told a story of a sister who was a 'helper.' She never held a leadership calling but she was always called to be the helper. I feel like I could be her, always a helper. I enjoyed talks on following the prophet, doing visiting teaching, listening to the Holy Ghost and many more. I wish I could have listened to the whole of Conference but we had some distractions. We put up a tent (King Benjamin) in hopes that the kids would have fun listening to our prophet in their tent. We printed activities for the boys to do while we listened. I think that perhaps next time we should take them outside and play before conference so that they can be a little more reverent during the sessions. We did try to get the boys to listen to parts of conference by giving them stickers when they heard certain words such as temple, prophet, Jesus Christ, families, Holy Ghost, etc. I am grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I love to hear from our living Prophet, President Monson. I am grateful for my family, I love them very much. I am grateful for the examples of friends and family who have molded me into the person I am today. I wish I could be better. Conference is a great time to reevaluate my life and the decisions I've been making. Who needs the New Year when you can make new goals every six months?
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment