Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

I love the snow. We never see that much snow down South. I was so grateful to see so much of it just before going to bed last night. I was so giddy that I went outside and took video of it snowing. Parker saw the snow this morning and got really excited about making a snowman. We left some of the kids' snowgear in Utah because we didn't think that we would need it here. We tried to find some waterproof pants and shoes. Parker used his rainboots and Lincoln used his tennies. We only had fleece gloves for the boys and luckily we had some coats that fit them. Henry was asleep. Willie took the boys out with a cookie sheet. I joined them once I realized how much fun they were having and luckily Henry was down for a nap. There is a super small hill by us, but it worked. I think the boys had a lot of fun this morning. Parker liked brushing the snow off of the bushes. Lincoln had fun going down the hill with his dad. I love this picture of Parker because it shows how excited we all were for the SNOW!
We did make a small snowman (about 10 in.). Doesn't he look great?
Lincoln's hands were getting a little cold so I gave him my gloves. I cinched them up super tight so they would stay on.
Once Parker got too cold he came inside. Willie started throwing snowballs at the window and Parker was cracking up.

2 comments:

Allen and Co. said...

I'm so glad you guys got some snow! It looks like you had a great time with it too. I love the videos, especially the last one of Parker!!!

Camille said...

Oh my, that first picture of Parker is priceless!! You should blow that one up. What a great shot! I'm so glad you went out and enjoyed all that southern snow. We were shocked to hear how much you guys got!