Sunday, March 18, 2012

February Fun.

When we get bored in February we put on our shorts because of the nice weather and we ran out on the porch and played hop scotch. The weather is really great. The boys are happy.
On the colder days we stayed inside. This particular day I thought it would be fun to teach the boys about sac races. They were entertained for about a half an hour. Henry wished he could have been inside of one but he had a hard enough time trying to jump without the pillowcase.
A friend lent me a book about mothering and finding joy in mothering. As I was reading a particular chapter about taking in the moments and not getting too worried about the little mess they may be making Parker grabbed a ball of yarn. I looked at him and thought, oh this could get bad I should stop him right now. If only you could have seen just how happy he was unrolling the ball of yarn. He had fun running from the kitchen to the living room. I stopped reading at one point and then thought better of the advice given in the book, I knew it was time to stop him. We had errands to run and dinner to make. Notice the clock says it's almost 5:00, that means dinner time and I believe we had one other thing that night. I tried to stay calm but I broke down. I got upset. The whole ball was unravelled. I think it took roughly an hour to get it all put back into a ball. Henry cried when he couldn't follow me because he was trapped by the yarn. Yes it was fun to see Parker's smiling face but I just wish he knew how to roll the yarn on his own. I tried to get him to do it, but he struggled keeping it as a ball.
The thicker pieces of yarn are about three or four trips around the room in the same area. This was a huge mess and I couldn't walk around without tripping. Frustrating for me indeed. Absolute fun for the boys (until I got mad).

1 comment:

Allen and Co. said...

Oh Krista, that yarn looks like it was a beast to clean up. I let Tori play with some yarn once and she got it all in knots- we finally had to throw it away. Love the pictures of the boys running!!!