Back in March I took the boys to the aquarium. I knew we would be moving and the likelihood that we made it to the aquarium again would be pretty slim. For a limited time they had discount tickets for a paid adult and you could get up to four kids under five in for free. Wow, that really worked for my family. All the kids are under five. We invited some friends to attend with us. Thanks for coming Salmon and Bahr Families.
Included in the ticket price was the aquariums newest attraction, Dolphin Tales. They expanded a little while ago and added dolphins; originally you had to pay to see them. It was a fun little show they put on and the dolphins were pretty cool. We weren't allowed to take pictures or video during the show.
During the day Parker had wandered off twice; once in the River area and again later just before the dolphin show. I asked him both times to please stay by my side and make sure he knew where I was. (kids aren't worried about where their parents are)
After visiting the big aquarium with the whale sharks and manta rays we visited the little play area. We had never visited it before but Parker loved it. It was geared more toward big kids rather than little kids like Lincoln and Henry. Lincoln wasn't tall enough to go into some areas. A few of our friends were planning to leave and it was getting a little late for nap times. Just before heading out I decided to show the boys their feature display of Frogs, all kinds of varieties. While we were there I walked around a column in the middle of the room and Parker was on one side. As I came full circle around this 1 1/2 ft diameter column I noticed Parker was gone. I walked back through the one room display of frogs and he wasn't there. I kept calling for his name. I went out of the room and couldn't see him. There really was nobody up in this area and I became very worried. I went to someone who was working and asked if she had seen him; no. Really? A boy walking by himself in a non crowded area and she didn't see him. I continued on and she asked a few other people. After about five minutes or worry we found that he had been taken to Customer Service. I was so upset and we left right away. Lincoln then threw a fit because we didn't get to browse the gift shop (strategically placed so you can only exit through there). It was rough getting to the car. We later talked about getting lost.
I am glad we could go to the aquarium one last time. Next on the list is the zoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment