Sunday, August 26, 2012

Second Half of Camping

The kids were fully entertained by the hill just outside of our campground.  Luckily Jared and Rach brought a ball the kids could play with.  One of the kids would take the ball to the top of the hill and roll it down the gutter.  At the end they would all wait for the ball.  They did this for such a long time, it was also nice to have Willie playing with the kids.  I love my kids, but it's nice when they are off playing.
I love this picture because it shows how much of a kid Willie still is.  I love when he plays with the kids.  They love him so much.
I love when I get to sit down with Rach and just chat.  We don't get to see each other all that often so it's nice when it does happen.
Meal time.  When Jared and Rach made breakfast we ate their famous french toast, it's delicious.  I'm sad when I go to the store now and I can't find the Texas Toast, nice and thick slices of bread.  We knew that our kids enjoyed pancakes so that's what Willie was making on this beautiful morning.  Breakfast at the campground is so yummy.
Action shot.  Only a few times did we have the boys upset at each other.  This photo shows that a little.  They boys did have a lot of fun staying up late into the night and rising early in the morning.  I'm glad we brought warm clothes for them.



Our second hike took us to a couple of waterfalls.  This was really a great place to camp because of all the easy trails for the little kids.  If we had had one more day I would have taken the kids down the river.  

Tori and Lincoln became really good friends.  They are the closest in age and they really had fun playing together.
We made it to our destination where we heard that you could go swimming at this waterfall.  I will have to say the water was frigid.  The falls were gorgeous though.
Here are our two brave husbands getting into the water.  They both took a plunge but didn't really swim around.

We didn't convince the little boys to take a plunge but they did want to get up close and personal with the waterfall.  This is as far as they could go.  They did play near the water for a bit while the big boys were taking their dip.


Big Stick.

I only had about two months left in my pregnancy.  Seems to be that we go camping when I'm seven months along.
Oh my, look at this adorable little guy.  Love Garrett.
Poor Henry didn't like being the only one not running around with his brothers and cousin.   He did finally give us a smile, maybe that's because we gave him a rice krispy treat.
Trees.  Trees.  Beautiful Trees!  I will miss these trees.

Story time.  I'm glad we had some down time with the kids.  They needed a rest and some of my boys don't really like to take naps anymore so this was a nice relaxing time at the campsite.  Thanks Aunt Rachel for reading to the kids.
With the rain the first night most of the wood became really wet.  We had a difficult time finding dry wood.  Finally our last night we decided to buy some dry wood and here is the nice fire we had going.  It was perfect.
Lincoln doesn't really like to eat hot dogs but he did have fun roasting them over the fire.
I liked having easy meals.  Jared and Rach made burritos their dinner night and because we didn't want to do a lot of clean up on our last night we had hot dogs.

No comments: