Willie and I had some great news from my sister a few weekends before November. She called to tell us that she would be going through the Temple to take her endowments out. That means she was making a decision to make covenants (a two way promise) with God. If you are more interested in the temples and why we go to them, you may visit this link.
Anyway, I worked really hard to get two names ready to go to the temple. I needed to get all the work done and then I could take the names for my deceased ancestors through for their endowments on the same day as my sister. Willie and I took turns in the Denver temple. When I went in I had the male and female names and got their cards ready. I knew we were a little late making it in time for the youth group who were doing baptisms. When I walked in however the brother in charge asked if there were any young sisters who would do another name. One girl who was nearly finished said she would do it. She got back in her white clothing and did the baptism for my ancestor. Then a brother from the youth group did the man I had. Since the baptism went quickly I decided to do the initiatory for the woman I had. I must say that this temple visit was one of the quickest I had ever done. Willie went in and did the work for the man. While he was in the temple I took the boys (and Caroline) for a walk around the temple. This is one of Henry's 2 year old photos with his bear.
All of my kids for their first time at the Denver temple. It was a chilly day but well worth it.
Snack time. You must always have food to keep the kids happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment