Monday, July 15, 2013

Our First Zoo Trip

April 25, 2013
Our Christmas present was used to get a season pass to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  I will say that it is steep!  Wow, you really can get a work out going up the hills.  It was pretty cool though to see how many giraffe's they had.  One was just a baby.  So cute.  We picked a busy day and had to get bused in.  The weather was a little chilly but we did have fun.

Parker was a brave kid and reached out to touch these gentle giants.  You can feed the giraffes for $2.  In comparison to Atlanta I would have to say I like Atlanta more.  Maybe it's because there are more exotic type animals.  One of my favorite animals in Cheyenne Mountain zoo is the Moose.  The lions are huge and majestic.


A little playground to play at.


On our way out the kids had a race in the strollers.  We had fun running down the hills.  All in all it was a good time and we look forward to more days at the zoo.

No comments: