Willie and I don't have the means to store a fake Christmas tree. We don't mind one bit. We like to have a nice fresh tree in our home. We love the smell that it brings. This year we thought about finding a tree farm where we could cut our own. I looked into a few places online and found a great one just a small drive from us. Willie had taken his final exam and we decided to take the moment of Monday night and have a Family Home Evening activity of getting a tree. Hunters Christmas Tree Farm was great. We wouldn't mind going back next year. Parker absolutely loved the place. They had a big old dog that Parker had fun saying 'woof' to. After a short visit with the dog we took a small trek and went in search of the perfect Christmas tree. Parker ran around the trees laughing and playing peek-a-boo. He found sticks and rocks that he could hold onto too. He was having so much fun running around, he fell plenty of times getting his entire outfit for the day dirty. Willie was eating up Parkers excitement. After some time we found the tree we wanted. For $30 we didn't think it was too bad. Willie had the honor of cutting down the tree. He helped a young man to haul it up to get bundled before being put into our trunk.
After getting our tree in the car we let Parker play on a tractor they had at the farm. We also enjoyed some hot chocolate. A fun thing we learned is that the family that ran the farm was LDS. On the way home we saw the most beautiful sunset. In Georgia we don't see too many sunsets and I really miss seeing them. Luckily I had the camera with me to capture the moment. Overall our family home evening was a great adventure. Our family had fun beginning a hopeful tradition of cutting our tree.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it! I can't wait to go get ours. I'm glad you had a chance to get it decorated between all the cleaning you've been doing for me. It looks great!
Post a Comment