Thursday, March 4, 2010

Are we Crazy?

Willie and I took the boys on a vacation while we are on vacation. Portugal is kind of a vacation because we are seeing so many things while we are here. This time though we flew with Ryan Air to London then we took the EuroStar to Paris and flew back to Portugal from Paris. In some ways I look back and think that yes we were a little crazy taking the boys on a vacation such as that. With two boys though we saw many great things.
Our flight getting us in to London was delayed about two hours so we were really tired the next day. We left the hotel a little later than we had planned but that was okay. We were blessed all along the way. The first day in London we traveled from Stansted down to Surrey where the temple is. The trip took us about two hours. Willie went in to the 3:00 session and tried to come out so I could attend the 5:00 session. There was a nice visitors center and a place for us to sit with the kids the whole time. We would have played more outside but the weather was really chilly and VERY windy. We went out to get a couple of pictures but the boys didn't like the cold.
At 5 minutes to 5:00 Willie came back. I ran in to see if I could catch the session. I was a little nervous but the Temple President held the session for me. I was very grateful. The temple is very beautiful and I enjoyed the time we had there. When I got out of the temple Willie said that we were suppose to have checked into our hotel by 6:00. Whoops. He made a call and asked if we could get there by 9:00. They said 'no later.' Well we were later. 9:30 wasn't too bad. Here are the boys in the area reserved for people like us. They had their toys all over the place. Our day was rushed but in the temple our time was our own. We didn't need to rush (too much). Willie told me that it was nice to do the Lord's work first, before we did all the sight-seeing stuff. It's like paying tithing, pay your tithing first and then you can use the rest.

1 comment:

Taneill said...

You guys are so adventurous- That is neat!!!