
We traveled by Metro to most of our destinations. This was a great experience for the boys because they absolutely love trains. By the last day though Willie and I were tired of carrying the boys up and down the many stairs to get us to the trains. Most of the stations didn't have an elevator or escalator. I thought I had planned for us to come out of the Metro so we could see the Eiffel Tower. I was a bit off. We did make it close to a cool bridge that I'm forgetting the name of at the moment. At this bridge you can see the Eiffel Tower, so in the end it was okay.
We took a look around the Hotel of Invalides. The king of the time built this hotel for his injured soldiers. It's really cool because there are a lot of statues of armor and military type designs.
I thought it was great when we walked by this travel place. They were advertising for good ole Utah.
It was pretty cold walking around but we enjoyed our little visit to the Eiffel Tower. Someone in Portugal gave me my nice green rain coat. It's a bit big, but it kept me warm. We tried to keep the boys warm. I had heard that there was a miniature Statue of Liberty just down from the Tower. We searched and couldn't find it. Another day we did find it but it was while we were on the train traveling somewhere, it was by the river.
Our little world travelers. I can't believe that these kids even have passports. I just hope that they can enjoy the pictures when they are older. 
We tried to have someone take our picture at the Arc de Triumph but I don't think they understood what wanted in our picture; us AND the Arc. So here are the few pictures we took with one of us and the kids or just us. It rained a little bit as the night grew on. 

Once thing that I love about Europe is that they put their sandwiches on baguettes. Yum. Willie loved seeing all the cool places in Paris. Parker loves his new sweat bands, he got them in a kids meal. He wears them all the time. I don't know if we have a picture of him with his sweatbands. Lincoln was along for the ride. He enjoyed the trains and getting out to run around.
3 comments:
Krista,
I get more and more jealous the more I read!! Taking those shots of the kids with the Effiel tower in the background was AMAZING no matter how crazy the trip was with two little ones.
You will remember this forever. I spent a week in England once and I wish it had been month!!
You guys have too much fun. Miss you around these parts though. Love reading your adventures.
Deidre
The mini statue of liberty is to the left if you're standing in the Eiffle tower and looking towards the bridge. It's right by the water. I'm so jealous that you guys are taking all these trips. If I could, I'd go with you and haul the kids everywhere.
Wow! What a fabulous trip. I wish I was with you! The temple is beautiful! Your boys are growing up way too much. Slow down! Thanks for sharing all of these neat pictures. I am glad you are taking the time to see the sites and have so much fun! Over time the hassles will fade away and you will remember these great experiences! Love you tons and tons!
Post a Comment