Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving.

Today was our last day with our visitors. I am grateful that we could have Joan and Anna visit with us this last week. I learned so much from Joan on how to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. I should use shortening or butter when I am rolling out my rolls then they won't get too much flour in them. I also learned how to prepare the turkey for cooking; take the yucky stuff out, put butter on, throw in an onion, and add some salt and pepper. Sadly at this point in the dinner preparations I had to go feed Henry. Anna made some delicious pies that we had to eat later. Dinner was around 5:00 so we were too full to enjoy all the pie.
We invited some friends from Willie's work. They are Chinese and hadn't had a traditional American meal before. We are glad we could get to know them a little better and share in our Utah American traditional Thanksgiving feast.
We don't really have pictures from Thanksgiving I wish I had thought to take some. The turkey looked amazing and it was. The potatoes and gravy are my favorites. Anyway some of the things I am thankful for this season are; my husband, my boys, my family, my Savior, our home, our car, our education, our memories, my health and so much more. As always the list can go on and on and it becomes more grand every day. I am grateful for the season to be thankful. I also love the season to share what I am thankful for, Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Henry is getting! I think he looks just like Willie :) I love how Lincoln says Golf Club :) I don't have a blog anymore, but I still like to check others once in a while :)

Anonymous said...

How far apart are Lincoln & Melanie? Melanie will turn 2 on Feb. 5th.