One of the good things in life are my Grandma Combe's prize peas. They were delicious and she was so kind to let us come over and snatch a few of them. There is a story behind the peas. We once were on a walk up at our cabin. The day was beautiful and we came across a nice looking vegetable garden. Grandma took a look at the peas, they looked yummy. She picked about three of them and they were delicious. I believe it was my sister who called my Grandma out on theft. My Grandma felt so bad. Ever since that time, over four years she has tried to return some peas. She always felt bad for not asking first. We just laugh with Grandma and she probably laughs harder at herself. Thank you for sharing your peas Grandma.
At the cabin we get to relax, watch movies, play with toys, read books, clean up the things that need cleaning and many more things. The kids made their beds on the floor and we set up the computer for them to watch a movie. I think they enjoyed it.
Some of the good toys have been lost but there remain a few of them. We still have the old Fisher Price home. Most of the people are missing and there is a car. Somehow the kids still had fun even though all the pieces weren't there.
Walks are always nice. My sisters used our stroller for a walk one day when I wasn't feeling to great. More to come on that later.
My little sister was planning to leave early so for some reason we took her picture with all the nieces and nephews only one missing. I wish the kids would have been good longer so that we could have had a picture with Grandma too.
Henry and Reagan had fun together. They loved the necklace that I brought from my moms house. I guess it was a play Mardi Gras necklace. The two kiddos kept sharing with each other throughout the trip.
1 comment:
Your cabin visit looks awesome! Hopefully we will get to join you one of these visits!
Post a Comment