Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Cabin.

While we were visiting the cabin we spent some time at the pool. One day. The water was really really cold. I opted to put my feet in the water. Pretty much everyone else got in. The ride down is memorable. Riding in the back of the truck, dangerous but fun. Small town style. While I was growing up the folks in town would always wave at you, it didn't matter that they didn't know you but they always waved. I remember my grandpa doing it when we drove down by their house, he wouldn't look he would just wave. Jess was one of the only ones to really get Henry to like her. He was content in her arms and it gave me some relief. I wish I had her touch.
Mckinley in the freezing water. I don't think she was too happy.
As a sign of the cold water here is a sequence of picture of everyone trying to get warm. First off Erika using body heat to warm Kaylee and Logan up.
Parker lounging in the sun wrapped up nice and tight in his towel. Parker was introduced to some spicy Doritos chips. Once he tried one there was no going back for him. He kept asking for the bag. I think we owe Jess a bag of Doritos. Thanks for sharing.
Even Willie was a bit chilly.
Poor Mckinley so cold she fell asleep in the nice warm towel cuddled up next to her mom.
Our little Henry was pretty chilled but he too took a nice little nap once he was warmed up.
Jordan.
Logan was fun to have around. He's a pretty silent kid but very entertaining at times.
Here's most of everyone trying to enjoy the chilly waters. I love that Logan is hanging out in Henry's floatie (yellow), it's good up to 25lbs, which Logan is not.
Here's Henry having fun in Mckinleys little floatie.

Erika also opted to stay out of the water. At least until the very end, after the pool's heat went up, when she jumped in.
Pink. With girls you have pink. With boys you don't.
Our little Lincoln. He gave us a scare on this day. There were two pools; a big one and a small one that was about 3 ft deep. We let Lincoln get in the little one. He learned before leaving GA that he could touch the ground. He was good. Willie had been watching him and he was having fun bouncing up and down in the water. He didn't have his floatie on. We were close by. I was holding Henry and Willie came over for some chips, yes the Doritos that Pman fell in love with. I turned to look around and saw Lincoln with his face in the water and his arms and legs kicking. He had slipped. I yelled to Willie and he reacted fast, but in the moment it felt incredibly slow. Our hearts were racing and we felt scared, blessed, nervous, grateful, and a whole bunch of different emotions. We nearly lost Lincoln, again. He fell into the pool last year. We love Lincoln and we are very grateful that he is still with our family. He brings us so much joy. We do our best to watch over our kids but there will be a day when we won't always be around. Lincoln later said that he didn't like the little pool anymore, just the big one. He was shaken up a little but not enough to enjoy the pool. Now that we are back to GA he is in love with the pool again.
Mckinley and Henry.
Saturday morning we ate a really nice breakfast. We loaded up in the truck to head to the golf cart parade. I felt like I had eaten too much food that morning. The feeling kept getting worse. So during the parade I laid down in the bed of the truck. I let everyone else try to help my kids have fun and take pictures. I love how vibrant my grandma is. She is so full of life and so positive. Here she is helping the kids gather candy.
A cousin picture. I was feeling really yucky at this time and was in the back of the truck. I enjoy that Lincoln is covering his face. He cracks me up.


It turns out that I became really really sick. Willie went golfing with my dad and Jess and Ben who wasn't feeling to great. I sent the kids with Andi and Nick to a small carnival going on. I heard the kids had fun. I on the other hand ended up throwing up at least five times. Ben was up there with me by the night time. Grandma had also received this mysterious flu. Sunday came around and nearly half of us had gotten sick. We traveled home Sunday when our two older boys started throwing up as well. It was not a great trip coming home. We found out that day also that our ward in GA had split, a huge shock to us. The cabin was fun until many of us couldn't stand. I think the survivors of the sickness ended up being Willie, my Mom and Henry. Andi's family had gone through it before we came. Even then some of her kids were throwing up on the way home. After the carnival the kids came back with a handpicked bouquet of flowers. They were very pretty.

I wanted to make sure that while we were with my family that I would get to see my Grandma Pettigrew. We made a short visit with her and we took her picture with Henry because he was born on her birthday. I wish we could have stayed longer.

No comments: