The Fourth of July was a little different than I had hoped it would be. Willie and I signed up to run in the traditional 5k race in Riverdale. In the past we've all gone down and then we've had a good breakfast after the race and then we participate in getting candy during the parade. We woke up early for the race. Parker wasn't feeling too hot. I was feeling better than I had the past few days but I still was not 100%. We watched as the rest of our family decided to go on the walk. I was a little bummed that we really didn't get to spend good time with them during the race. We probably should have walked. Just before the race started Parker threw up. At least he was in the stroller but I really had to wonder why we were still doing the race. We wanted the shirt and we didn't want to loose the $10 we paid to run in the race. About half way through the race I really wasn't feeling well and I remember there being a little kid about 11. My goal was to beat this kid. I didn't make my goal because I had to walk so much and I really wanted to just sit and watch everyone else. We finished the race, not in last but we did finish. We got the shirt, which did turn out really nice this year. Worth it? I'm still debating.The breakfast looked nice but to someone who isn't feeling to great it wasn't going to be a part of my day. Willie and Lincoln ate while Parker and I sat on the grass with Henry. I really wanted to take the kids to the parade but my parents were leaving to go somewhere else and my sisters weren't staying because they too were sick or had somewhere else to be. We sat by some good family friends. Thanks for letting us sit by you Loomis family. The parade was great. Lincoln really loved it. He had the best time and still two months later he tells us his favorite part of the day was the parade. It doesn't matter what day it is he still remembers the parade with Jordy and Kaylee. Oh yeah, we took my two nieces with us to the parade which I'm glad we did. They were easy going and made it more fun for our boys.



Parker, Lincoln, Jordan and Kaylee
After resting for most of the day we enjoyed the evening by preparing for fireworks. Up on our little piece of heaven we were able to see many firework shows. I really loved being outside and enjoying the family chatter. The fireworks were nice. We also spent one night doing our own little fireworks. We did have an option to spend a lot of money for the big ones that became legal this year in Utah but when kids can be happy with the little stuff then there is no need to go all big.

Lincoln couldn't throw the 'popits', 'snaps' or whatever you want to call them on the ground hard enough so he was resourceful and used his feet smashing them. He is quite brilliant.

Most of the family with my cousin and her husband and dog.

Lincoln with Grandpa David and Kaylee riding the golf cart to the hill.

A blast from the past. This is something that we always did. To be 'safe' we put our seat belts on in the golf cart. Now my little dudes are doing the same thing. Hold on tight Parker because Grandpa is a crazy driver. With all the kids I'm sure he really was trying to be safe.


One of the best parts of the night was this moment. I really do miss seeing the sunset. In the future I hope that we live somewhere so I can enjoy them once again.

On a separate night we pulled out the fireworks for the kids to play with. . . sort of.

Sitting on the trailer watching the little show.


Willie said the Lincoln was the only kid he didn't have to tell him what to do. I really love this video of Linc.
Out on the lawn watching the firework shows at a distance. We could maybe see about five different shows.

Jordan and Kaylee

Jess and Ben. He was smart to close his eyes, the flash at night isn't always cool.

Grandma Nanette and Kaylee.

1 comment:
Love the squeals of delight and cheering for the fireworks!
Post a Comment