Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Christmas!!

December 25, 2012
Christmas was fabulous and sad at the same time.  All the kids were excited to get new jammies from Grandpa David and Grandma Nanette and new slippers from us.  They all love Cars 2.  The unfortunate thing about Christmas is that Parker caught the horrible sickness that Henry and I had already.  He had the stomach bug and hardly had energy.  Christmas morning Parker was excited enough to find that Santa left him his Chutes and Ladders game he asked for.  Then he went to the couch to lay down until we brought him more presents.  He could barely open them.  It was hard to tell if Parker liked half of his presents because he would barely smile at any of them.  Grandma Joan gave him a scooter and he finally responded to us with a 'I like it' and a smile.  
On the other hand we had three kids that really expressed their enthusiasm for Christmas.  Henry loved the new cars he asked Santa for and Lincoln was excited to get Mater Hawk and Lightning McQueen Hawk; the third hawk he was willing to give to one of his brothers.  Caroline received some fun girl things, like bracelets to play with. 
 This year I made the three boys a book with pictures from their first year of life.  In time they may enjoy the books a little more.  I had fun looking through them.


 Now what do you suppose I would get for Willie?  He loves golf.  I wanted to get him practical things but this year I went with the 'I never get myself this kind of stuff.'
 The first one I pulled off was all thanks to my wonderful dad.  I asked him back in September if golf courses ever sold their old practice mats.  He said 'do you want one, I've got one in my shed?'  Yes of course I wanted one.  So I had him help me load it in our car in September, with a black garbage sack around it.  It sat in our garage in the sack until Christmas.  Willie figured he knew what it was but he thought it was just some old carpet.  His excitement for this gift was incredibly worth the wait.  By the way this thing is heavy!  After showing it off the family he took the mat downstairs to test it out.  The kids gave Willie his new shirt; Dad: The Pancake Maker.
 
A wonderful blessing for Christmas was the white snow.  It wasn't much but we loved it.  Willie gave me a jewelry box, it's very beautiful.
 Caroline in her new tutu!
 The boys went right to work playing with their cars.
It was nice to be home for Christmas.  We delayed our trip to Utah because of Parker being sick, we had planned to go the day after Christmas but waited another day.  Our trip to Utah was nice but we all got sick on that trip too.

No comments: