Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chattahoochee Adventures

There are no pictures for this all too wonderful adventure. I wish we had taken the camera with us. We decided to go on a walk that took us from a playground to a loading dock for rafts and canoes. At the dock there were ducks and geese, a great place for little boys to become adventurous. Along with a friend and her son we made the short trek to the riverside. Parker was becoming a little more daring and he decided to step into the river a little. He was enjoying going in and out of the Chattahoochee river. His little friend was throwing rocks and was also enjoying the water's edge. As I was talking to my friend we looked over at Parker and found that he was going in a little deeper into the water. I became nervous that he would get his shorts wet, but I just let him keep playing. Parker lost his balance and we thought that he had gained it back when all of a sudden he fell face forward into the river. He was soaked except for the top of his head. I stepped into the river and pulled him out. I thought it was the funniest thing. I was just laughing. Poor Parker only wanted me to hold him, because he had just gotten wet. I didn't want to because he did just get wet. We didn't have anything that would get him dry. I didn't even have a jacket for him. Luckily, my friend lent us her son's jacket. Parker was a great kid and he never cried. He even enjoyed walking around without any pants. Parker was the first in our family to take a dip in the Chattahoochee, Willie and I would rather not swim in the river. I hope this story has entertained many of you and hopefully there will be more to come!

1 comment:

Camille said...

I'm still laughing! Thanks for coming along.