Monday, February 15, 2010

Confluence.

We thought of planning a larger trip for Valentines weekend but in the end we couldn't think of what we wanted to do. Willie said that he heard of an area that was really cool to see. So we took the boys down to the Atlantic Ocean where the Douro River meets up with it. Have you seen a fresh water river run into the ocean? It's cool to see what the water looks like. We set off the the day knowing that it was going to be a bit chilly. The weather has not been what we expected. The first signs of spring were showing up. Even though the weather was chilly we did find that lunch time was superb for soaking up the rays. We ate lunch down by the river. It was so nice to be in the warm sun. Once we headed out again though we felt the cool breeze and put our jackets back on.We took a trolley to our destination. We thought Parker would have enjoyed it more but he wasn't really interested in this old fashioned train. He would much rather take the 'real' train. They boys had fun on the pier. Parker loved watching the waves and Lincoln loved walking around. He doesn't get to do too much walking when we are being tourists. It was a very pretty day do be out-and-about. I like that you can see one of the many cool bridges along the Douro River in the picture with Lincoln just below. I wish we could get more pictures without the binky, he rarely uses it. I love that you can see his smile in his eyes though.Parker was so funny when I was taking this picture. I have about four of them and he would scoot a little to one side then say 'cheese', then he would scoot again saying 'cheese' again. He kept repeating. We have many good smiles from this boy now-a-days.Here's our only Valentines weekend photo of us. Well, the only one that turned out okay. On the way home we got off the bus and Willie said, 'uh, keep walking, I'll catch up in a minute' with a smile on his face. The bus stops us off right at a flower shop. He's funny. We had talked about him saying something like that if he wanted to get something without me knowing about it. Today it was a little obvious. I am grateful for the surprise that he got me. The flowers are so pretty and they do fun arrangements here in Porto. They use really big leaves; the one that is kind of flat is actually really huge and there is one that is folded that is huge too. Thanks Willie for my Valentines flowers.

1 comment:

Joan said...

What great pictures! I can't believe how big the boys are getting. You guys are all so adorable! The trains and trolleys look so fun!
I love you!
Mom/Grandma