Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Little Blessings.

I have a difficult time when we move. I am a shy person and I like to stay in one place because it's comfortable to me. I am grateful though for the little blessings we receive when we move from place to place. We have met many wonderful friends along the way. Each of our friends is a blessing to us. Everyone we have met has been so great to help us when we are in need.
A recent blessing to us involved Lincoln. On Sunday we were invited into the home of a family in our ward (Ferdinand & her husband, Sarah). We ate the most wonderful meal with rice, chicken, vegetables, pao (bread), strawberries and a pastry. It was a great meal. Lincoln however was not feeling very well and we though it was just that he missed his naptime. We laid him down and he went to sleep around 4:00. We took him home and he kept sleeping, until the next morning. We thought this was strange so he must have been getting sick. We were invited to another home for Family Home Evening that night. I stayed with Lincoln all day and he seemed very listless and hot. Our thermometer wasn't working well because the battery had died. I knew he had a high temp though. We reached our host just before he arrived to our home to pick us up. We asked Cesar to assist Willie in blessing Lincoln. Cesar did so and then suggested we still go to his home and have dinner while he and Willie take Lincoln to the doctor. The doctor gave him some fever reducer medicine that goes up the rear end and some antibiotics for an ear-infection. It was too soon to tell for sure if there would be an ear-infection but they told us to give him the antibiotic. So we returned home after a long evening of taking car of the boys and having yet again another wonderful meal from Christina and her husband Cesar. Their son Luis is 19 and he plays the piano for Sacrament. Christina's mother is Cecilia and she brought us four bags of clothing for the boys and us. It's all warm clothing because she knew we don't have the warmest coats for our boys. We have been extremely blessed by these wonderful brothers and sisters. I am grateful that no matter where we go we can be assisted by our family. We love everyone. Lincoln woke the next morning feeling much better but still not fully recovered. He at least ate something. I am grateful that Willie holds the Priesthood and can give us blessings when we are in need. We have used this powerful gift many times and know of the blessings that come from having it in our home.

2 comments:

Deidre said...

Krista. That is so wonderful that you are being watched over and taken care of. Thanks for sharing.

Joan said...

I am sooooo glad you are surrounded by good people who share your beliefs and can help give blessings and take care of you. I am grateful to know you have friends around to help you and to love you! I didn't know you were shy Krista??? You guys are so amazing and we love you! I know when you look back on this experience you are going to wish it had been longer! I am glad Lincoln is doing better and that you were able to find a doctor. I love your blog! You are so awesome!
Love you tons!
Mom