Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

For a joy school outing we went to a pumpkin farm up North a ways. Not everyone was able to come, but we still tried to have loads of fun. I worked on getting Henry's fall photo. Our camera was on the fritz and wasn't doing too well with the lens. So here are the pictures that turned out well. The boys had fun in the hay. They loved throwing it in the air and letting it fall down on them. There was so much laughter. I like that on a rainy day you could go to this place and stay dry picking out your pumpkins but as for picture taking it made it a little more difficult.
I let the boys pick out one pumpkin each. They were all grateful to pick out their little pumpkin that they could play with one the way home.
Parker loves to climb on pumpkins. Last year we had a friend stacking pumpkins all over for the kids to climb on, I think Parker remembered the experience.
Parkers favorite part was finding the wagon. I really should look into getting him one one day. He kept asking if we were going to take it home with us. Here are the kiddos that went. (I've noticed more security on other blogs so perhaps I should do the same so I will use initials) TD, JD, AS, AS, and my boys.
We looked at all the pumpkins and then we decided to go on a little hay ride.
Me with the boys. It's fun to get in pictures with them. The day was really beautiful and not too hot or cold. We rode behind a blue tractor around a tree farm. At the lowest point of the farm they had a pond with catfish. This was Lincoln's favorite part of the day. He kept asking to go back and feed the fish.
After the hay ride we sat for lunch and a short story with Clifford and the pumpkin patch. It was really a nice day and very enjoyable.
Here's a picture of the pumpkin patch. Most of the pumpkins are under the pavillion. They also sold homemade jams and apple cider. I was tempted but withheld from buying the goodness.

No comments: