We had a great family opportunity on a Wednesday. Willie has such a nice school schedule that he was able to take off and volunteer to help a family get their yard ready for selling their house. This was a great family project because we don't have a yard and the boys could be outside the whole time. I really enjoyed the beautiful day outside. We had a couple of hours to help out before we had a meeting at our house. Here is Henry ready to pick up some pine straw.
I couldn't find small gardening gloves for the kids on short notice, but I did find some red ones that they loved using.Part of the project was to clean up the leaves under the trees and bag them up. The couple we were helping had some rakes that were just the right size for our kids, some were a little big.
One thing I loved was how happy everyone was. Being outside can really lift your spirits.
I was able to help out inside a little as well. I didn't get to really do to much but take care of the kids when they were bored. Willie was able to get a lot done at that point though. Thanks for a great family service project.
No comments:
Post a Comment