August 5, 2012
As much as I like to take pictures I didn't get many of our things getting packed. I usually never do mainly because I'm the one packing over a long period of time. This time everything we owned was packed in one day! I never knew of such luxuries. It may never happen again. A couple of our friends moved before us in this same fashion and gave us some tips. You take care of the packers and they will take care of your stuff. A nice thing to do is buy them lunch and give them water or sports drinks.
To keep the kids entertained and out of the way we first had them playing with bubble wrap. Eventually we had them with family for swimming. I think they swam for about 5 hours with a little lunch break. Oh how I will miss having a pool close by. Thanks Jared and Rach for all the times you took our kids.
Moving day. Man these guys were tough. They would put stuff on their backs and carry it up the stairs. Once again we didn't get many pictures of this. We treated this group to lunch as well.
The boys wanted to watch the back of the truck go up and down. So we sat and watched for a little bit as our things were loaded up. My dad was wonderful and helped them load up. The truck driver who was in charge tried to pay my dad for the work that he did.
Parker excited for the move. This particular truck was the one that would take our things to the big truck later.
A look at our apartment one last time.
Henry was helping to clean up. I was so glad that we checked out of our apartment with the head maintenance guy, Gene. It was lucky because we had left stains on the carpet and marker on the walls and we got out without having to pay extra. We liked our maintenance guys they were always so kind to us. Thanks Gene, Michael and the one whom I could never understand his name.
No comments:
Post a Comment