This last move takes the cake though. As I was packing I decided to color code with stickers. Green stickers meant that the boxes would 'go to Boston'. Red/Orange stickers meant the boxes would 'stay in Georgia'. Whatever went in the luggage meant that it was 'going to Utah'. The best boxes are the following; Kitchen Aide, Toaster, A big cereal box, rice cooker, George (meaning george foreman box), and newly becoming our favorites the Diaper boxes. These boxes have lasted through all eight moves. I'm sorry I have not taken a picture of our cherished boxes. One day I will have to bury them in my backyard, that is if we ever decide to settle somewhere.
If you ever plan to move, stock up on diaper boxes. If you can't find diaper boxes go to your local book store and get some good ones from there. The diaper boxes have handles though so that's what makes them nice. Stock up on old grocery bags, use them to protect your valuables. They do give a nice coushin. Be sure to leave scissors out so you don't have to 'find' a way into your boxes when you arrive to your new home. If you are LDS, talk to your Bishop to get the phone number of Bishops in the area you hope to move into. This works if you plan to live in an apartment for a little while. Also the Bishop can send help on the end where you may not know anyone.

So here is a poor picture of our new apartment. We love the place. We look forward to exploring. We appreciate visitors, so come on by.
No comments:
Post a Comment