Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Duck Tours.

We did it. We took the Duck Tour. My overall rating of the tour was a three out of five. I enjoyed seeing the sites and not worrying about the boys being in car seats. Our driver was very entertaining. I think that I would have liked to hear more about the history of Boston on our tour though. We heard a lot about famous people, especially the Kennedy's (Ted Kennedy died a few days before our adventure).

Parker and Lincoln did really well for me. Parker wanted to sit by me and I had Lincoln in the baby back pack.
They had plenty of life jackets on board for everyone, even Lincoln.

All the boys had so much energy. Their favorite thing before we left on the tour was to run around this pillar. They had so much fun running after each other.
The video doesn't represent their full excitement. I took the video after they had been running around for ten minutes.

The energy didn't last long. Within about half an hour many of the kids were asleep. Parker didn't wake up until we were just pulling out of the water. He missed the best part.


We were a lucky set of to
urists. We had the privilege of going INTO the water twice! When we were out on the water we found a stranded duck. We hauled them back to dry ground then took another plunge. To be honest I was expecting more of a splash.


Those who were awake got to experience something way fun; driving the duck! It looks like Nick enjoyed it more than Logan. I guess Logan was being a bit serious. Grandpa was kind to take Lincoln while Parker slept.

The next few photos are of everyone, in my company, on the tour. We had Andi, Nick and Logan. Then Grandpa and Daxton.Grandma and Logan.Grandpa took Lincoln after Lincoln woke up.Here I am with the boys before Parker fell asleep.Andi and Nick.At the end of our Duck tour we realized that even though Parker slept through most of it he did take home one thing, 'quack.' Any time we saw a Duck Tour in the city from that time on he would say 'quack, quack.' Thanks for taking us on the Duck Tour. We had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Joan said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I am so glad part of your family could come out to visit. I wish we could! Thanks for sharing! The boys are so adorable! We love you!

Alisa and Crowells said...

So glad you did a tour--it is a must AND your right--the rating has everything to do with your driver. I think one of the most beautiful sights is looking at the Boston skyline from the Charles--it's pretty sweet to go into the water even if you're only going less than 5 mph. :)