Thursday, July 19, 2012

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

June 1, 2012
Bucket List item: Atlanta Botanical Gardens.  Thank you Lindy for getting a season pass and inviting us along.  What a treat it was to spend some time with you and the girls.  As soon as we walked in all the kids received a map of the gardens.  This really came in handy later when they all sat down with them to find out where we should go next.  
I love water features.  This is a really cool place and it would be worth going again.  I could spend a lot of time just enjoying the flowers but of course we tried to see all of it.  By the way I don't know if I mentioned it but Lincoln is POTTY TRAINED!  He was in his first few weeks of wearing underwear when we went to the gardens.  I was a bit nervous and we had many bathroom breaks where no one went potty but it was okay in the end.
This frog was a little intimidating for Lincoln.  He wouldn't even get close to it.

This section of the garden reminded me of our trip to France.
Oh so beautiful.
The weather on this fine day was fantastic.  It was not hot at all.  In fact when we made it to the kids little splash area it was almost too cold for them to get in and play.  Parker was very hesitant to run through the water.  I suppose that's how it will be on occasion in Colorado.








This was Peter Rabbit's home.  The kids area is really cool and you could spend the entire day there.
The pond was a hit.  At one point I started hearing this strange noise and I couldn't figure out what it was.  Then the kids ran over and told me it was a frog.  I thought there must have been a recording but sure enough in the pond there were many huge frogs that were talking.




This was one of our last stops at the botanical garden, we didn't spend much time because all the kids were getting really tired.  In fact as soon as we were in the car driving it started to rain really good and by the time we were home it stopped.  What an absolutely perfect day with some friends.

The Hydrangea garden.  This is my favorite flower of the South right now.  Love it!


I love this photo of Auch helping Anya with her flip flop

My own little hydrangeas.





No comments: