Friday, July 27, 2012

What Will I Miss?

We are coming down to only a week and a half before we move.  The baby isn't here yet and I'm thinking about what I will miss in Georgia.  I will miss the trees.  I get to look out my window and see a forest of trees right now and it's so beautiful with all the green.  I find myself taking more pictures of the trees.  One thing I am sad about is that my boys will hardly remember living in Georgia and all the wonderful people who have influenced our lives.  There are so many who have done so much for our family over the years some have moved on and my boys don't even know that these folks existed.  I will miss the summer swimming that unfortunately died down quickly this year.  I will miss joy school and the time I would get with friends.  I will miss cutting our own tree down at the Hunter Tree Farm for Christmas.  I will miss the temple being so close to us.  I need the temple in my life because going helps me to calm down a little.  Usually the only thing that makes me cry is reading an article from the Ensign (the Church magazine).  I try my best not to cry about moving away from our home in Georgia.  You could have asked me three years ago if I would have cried and I would have said no way, but today I'm missing making more memories here and being influenced by good people.  We will be living in a house in Colorado and so I will miss a few of the amenities that can be found at an apartment complex.  In the same respect I will greatly look forward to walking my groceries into my home from the garage rather than over 150 ft.  Likewise with the mail.  The kids will be safe riding their bikes on the sidewalk rather than getting run over in the parking lot (they never did get run over).
Thank you to those who have taught us great principles while we have been here.  Thank you to those who influenced us every day.  I am grateful for the experiences we have had while Willie finished his PhD.  I love and will miss all of you.    

1 comment:

Camille said...

I cried when we left Georgia. Many times. It is so hard to leave a place where you have grown and learned so much, and made so many good friends. I still miss it! But a new adventure is exciting too. :).